U-BIOPRED will attend the European Respiratory Society (ERS) Congress in Barcelona again this year. This is the largest annual scientific respiratory conference in the world, attended by around 20,000 delegates.
There will be a stand in the World Village area of the Fira Congress Centre from 7 – 11 September. Delegates can ask about the project, see the new UBIOPRED public website and pick up information leaflets about the project.
2012-2013 has been a productive year for the project members, who are pleased to present findings so far in a number of sessions at Congress, including mainstream symposia, oral presentations and poster discussions.
There will also be some press sessions on the ‘unbiased cluster analysis and inflammatory markers’ presentations, so we hope to get some press coverage. Follow us on twitter to find out #UBIOPRED
For anyone attending ERS Congress this year please come along to the following sessions hear about the project’s progress:
- P Brinkman, 'Unbiased cluster analysis of severe asthma based on metabolomics by the U-BIOPRED electronic nose platform', Monday, 9, 14:45 - 16:45, room 5.1
- A H Wagener, 'Asthma and COPD: diseases with different phenotypes', Monday 9, 14:45 - 16:45, room 3.7
- A H Wagener, D Gibeon, 'Associated factors with persistent airflow limitation in asthma in U-BIOPRED', Monday 9, 14:45-16:45, room 3.7
- Fan Chung, D Gibeon, 'U-BIOPRED asthma cohort: inflammatory markers and corticosteroid use', Monday 9, 14:45-16:45, room 2.3
- Dominic Burg, P Skipp, 'High-throughput analysis of induced sputum from the U-BIOPRED study using novel proteomic and data mining approaches', Wednesday,11, 10:45 - 12:45, room 2.3