Applications are open for not-for-profit organisations and informal groups to apply for a grant to support an event or an activity as part of the Healthy Lungs for Life campaign.
Grants of €1,000 can be used to support events and activities that meet one or more of the aims of the Healthy Lungs for Life campaign:
- Increase knowledge of the impact of poor air quality on lung health
- Raise awareness of the actions that everyone can take to protect their own lungs from indoor and outdoor air pollution
- Highlight the benefits of quitting smoking
- Support healthcare professionals in helping their patients to quit smoking/helping explain the risks of air pollution
- Supports healthcare professionals to offer high quality spirometry testing
Examples of events and activities, could include, but are not limited to:
- Public lung function testing events
- Awareness raising events on the topic of clean air or quitting smoking
- Spirometry training events for professionals
The grants could be used to hire equipment and venues or PR support to help with promotion of the event or other relevant tasks that help with the running of the event. Priority will be given to applications covering areas where there is a greater need for awareness of the importance of lung health and to low-resource settings.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Not-for-profit organisations (e.g. national and international respiratory societies, hospital trusts and networks, clinics etc.)
- Informal groups of healthcare professionals
- Schools or other community groups
The deadline for applying for grants is 29 March, 2019. All applications will be reviewed by the Healthy Lungs for Life team before a final decision is made. Successful applicants will be notified by contact details provided on the application form. For more questions or help with the application, please contact the Healthy Lungs for Life team: email@example.com / 0044-114-267876.
To apply, download the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org: