In 2020, ELF will open two rounds of grants applications. Each round will offer five grants of €1,000 to the applicants whose events are believed to have the biggest impact.
The first round of applications is open from 20 January - 8 March 2020.
Not-for-profit organisations and informal groups can apply for a grant to support an event or an activity as part of the Healthy Lungs for Life campaign.
Grants of €1,000 can be used to support events and activities that meet one or more of the aims of the Healthy Lungs for Life campaign:
- Increase knowledge of the impact of poor air quality on lung health and the actions that everyone can take to reduce air pollution and avoid exposure
- Highlight the benefits of quitting smoking
- Increase knowledge of the importance of physical activity for lung health
- Raise awareness of vaccination to prevent lung infections
Examples of events and activities, could include, but are not limited to:
- Public lung function testing events
- Awareness raising events related to one or more of the campaign themes
- Spirometry training events for professionals
The grants could be used to hire equipment and venues or PR support to help with promotion of the event or other relevant tasks that help with the running of the event. Priority will be given to applications covering areas where there is a greater need for awareness of the importance of lung health and to low-resource settings.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Not-for-profit organisations (e.g. national and international respiratory societies, hospital trusts and networks, clinics etc.)
- Informal groups of healthcare professionals
- Schools or other community groups
The deadline for applying for grants is Sunday 8 March 2020. All applications will be reviewed by the Healthy Lungs for Life team before a final decision is made. Successful applicants will be notified by contact details provided on the application form. For more questions or help with the application, please contact the Healthy Lungs for Life team: email@example.com / +44 114 322 0635.