Healthy Lungs for Life seeks to reduce the number of people suffering from lung conditions by raising awareness and knowledge of lung conditions and ways to prevent lung damage.
For more information about lung diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), occupational lung conditions, lung cancer and their risk factors, visit the European Lung Foundation website.
The Healthy Lungs for Life campaign raises awareness of ways to protect lung health through four key themes:
- Air quality (both indoor and outdoor) - #BreatheCleanAir
- Stopping smoking - #BeSmokeFree
- Physical activity - #TakeTheActiveOption
- Vaccination - #Vaccinate
Healthy Lungs for Life aims to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness among the general public about steps that can be taken to improve lung health
- Support healthcare professionals in communicating these messages to their patients
- Improving the delivery of lung function testing and the interpretation of results of tests