Register for the virtual ELF Patient Organisation Networking Day - 5 September 2020
Calling members of the ELF Patient Organisation Network: registration for this year’s virtual networking day is now open!
This year’s event will take place online on Saturday 5 September 2020 (10:30-15:30 CEST) for members of the ELF Patient Organisation Network and invited healthcare professionals. The day is free and you can register as many individuals from your organisation as you like. Please note that the event will be held in English.
The theme for the day will be ‘Psychosocial wellbeing’ and our keynote speakers are:
- Francesco Pagnini - a clinical psychologist and associate professor at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan, Italy; Francesco undertakes research into the connection between mind and body and how psychological interventions can help change the course of physical illnesses including respiratory diseases.
- Anna Spathis - the lead consultant for the Cambridge Breathlessness Intervention Service at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK. This unique evidence-based service supports patients to self-manage breathlessness that persists despite best management of the underlying disease causing it. She also has a clinical and research interest in the management of chronic fatigue.
- James Chalmers - the British Lung Foundation Chair of Respiratory Research at the University of Dundee and a consultant respiratory physician. He is an expert in lung infections and has been involved in a number of projects during the COVID-19 pandemic including leading the ERS Guidelines Task Force for COVID-19, being chief investigator for several trials of new COVID-19 treatments and answering many of the COVID-19 questions received for the ELF Q&A. He works closely with ELF to involve patients in respiratory infection research through projects such as EMBARC, the European Bronchiectasis Registry, and is an advocate for involving patients in guidelines, clinical research and clinical trials.
There will also be talks and presentations from our network’s patient organisations to highlight their projects, challenges and research on this topic. Some of the talks will relate to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will have the chance to:
- ask questions to the speakers,
- discuss issues in small breakout groups,
- share posters online, and
- take part in some fun activities!
The day will consist of a morning and afternoon session with breaks throughout the day so that you can have lunch, move around or make a cup of tea.
Register for the virtual ELF Patient Organisation Networking Day at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ELFDayVirtual2020
We hope you will join us and be a part of the first-ever virtual ELF Day!#
Everyone registered for the day will receive the link and information about how to access the platform for the day.
If you would like to attend additional parts of the virtual ERS International Congress, registration details for patient representatives can be found here: https://www.europeanlung.org/en/news-and-events/news/patient-representatives-at-the-virtual-ers-congress-registration-open