Help guide our bronchiectasis research and education projects
ELF is involved in a number of research, education and awareness raising projects in the area of non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. These projects are funded by the European Respiratory Society (ERS) and led by healthcare professionals who are highly motivated to improve treatment and care for people with bronchiectasis worldwide.
We are looking for people with bronchiectasis and carers of people with the condition to join our advisory group for these projects. We would especially welcome applications from people from mainland Europe, who are confident communicating in English, and are motivated to bring the patient perspective to these projects.
Your role would be to work together with the other members of the group to input into the following activities, as much or as little as you are able:
- A primary care adaptation of the new ERS guidelines on bronchiectasis
- Ongoing development of the bronchiectasis registry, EMBARC
- A new EU-funded project called iABC (currently recruiting a patient member for the ethics advisory board)
- Planning for the first World Bronchiectasis Conference in 2016 in Germany
- Development of an online educational resource for doctors and patients on the treatment and management of bronchiectasis
If you would like to be part of this advisory group email Sarah Masefield by the end of December 2015.