Could you be the next Chair of ELF?
With our current Chair due to finish his mandate in 2017, we are inviting applications for the next ELF Chair.
The role of ELF Chair is a prestigious, figure-head position, and key to the success of ELF in achieving its aims.
The ELF Chair is elected for a period of three years, not renewable, and has the following roles in collaboration with the ELF Director and staff:
- Being an ambassador for lung health and ERS/ELF – leading awareness campaigns such as Healthy Lungs for Life
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with national and international patient organisations – ensuring that patient organisation feel valued partners
- Furthering the role of the patient in ERS activities – chairing patient sessions at the ERS congress, getting involved with Task Forces and guidelines, advocating for patient input
- Keeping up to date with ERS EU activities and effectively representing the ELF
- Speaking on behalf of ELF at press conferences and public events
- Guiding the contents of ELF patient educational material and the ELF website
- Working with the ERS leadership to ensure coherent strategies for ERS and ELF
- Representing ELF in governance of the ERS - the ELF Chair is a observer of the ERS Management Group, a member of the ERS Executive Committee, Budget and Finance Committee, Advocacy Council, the Environment and health committee and the Tobacco Control Committee
- Chairing meetings of the ELF Council and Patient Advisory Board, and member of the Professional Advisory Board
- Providing support and advice to the ELF office
More information about the role
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining the reasons that you feel that you may be suitable for the post and your vision for the post and the future of ELF to email@example.com by 31 October 2016.