Ernest Airlines allow passengers to carry portable oxygen concentrators on board subject to the following conditions:
- 48 hours notice must be given by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone ( +39 02 897 30 660 or +355 044 810 810)
- the POC model must be approved (see list below) and must have the label stating it can be used on board the aircraft
- the POC must not be contaminated with oils or greases and must be in good condition and free of damage or other signs of excessive wear or improper use
- presentation of a MEDIF form or equivalent Dr's letter confirming you are able to travel, the phases of the flight the device is necessary for and the level of flow required.
- It must also state that you are able to operate the device and recognize and respond appropriately to any of the devices alarms- if not you must be accompanied.
- You have a sufficient number of charged batteries which cover the duration of the flight and any delays- batteries can only be carried in carry-on baggage and must be individually protected to prevent short circuits.
- Battery terminals must be unexposed or packaged so as to avoid contact with metal objects and not packaged with flammable liquids.
- The POC must be switched off in case of interference with the systems aircraft.
- When in use it must be placed under the seat in front so the intake filter is not blocked during use but so that the user of person accompanying can see any warnings.
- It must be free of blankets, coats and other parts of the hand luggage that could block the filter aspiration.
List of approved POC models:
AirSep FreeStyle, AirSep LifeStyle, AirSep Focus, AirSep FreeStyle 5, DelphiRS00400, DeVilbissHealthcare iGo, Inogen One, InogenOneG2, InogenOneG3, Inova Labs LifeChoice, Inova Labs LifeChoice Activox, International Biophysics LifeChoice, InvacareXPO2, InvacareSolo2, Oxlife Independence Oxygen Concentrator, Oxus RS-00400, Precision MedicalEasyPulse, RespironicsEverGo, RespironicsSimplyGo, SeQualEclipse, SeQualSAROS PortableOxygen Concentrator