If the passenger needs in flight medical oxygen equipment required to deliver oxygen, Urumqi Airlines requests the passenger shows the medical certificate issued by the Urumqi Air and signed by the doctor of the passenger. The medical certificate or diagnostic certificate shall be in triplicate, and be filled in by the county, city level or medical unit corresponding to this level, and the passenger's condition and diagnosis result shall be filled out and signed by the doctor. The medical unit is stamped. It should be completed within 96 hours before the flight departure. If the condition is serious, it should be filled within 48 hours before the flight departure.
The range of breathing aids includes portable oxygen concentrators (POC), continuous positive airway pressure devices (CPAP), ventilators, and respirators.
- Oxygen passengers in a coma state will not be transported.
- Passengers who also need oxygen during the ground waiting period will not be transported.
Application time limit and application channel requirements
- Apply to Urumqi Airlines at least 48 hours prior to the flight departure time.
- Urumqi Airlines directly under the ticket office.
- If the passenger applies at the check-in counter, if the passenger's physical condition, respiratory assistive equipment, battery, medical diagnosis certificate (non-essential), etc. meet the transportation requirements, the transportation shall be given.
Medical diagnosis certificate issued content requirements
- The certificate of diagnosis shall state: the name of the passenger to be certified, the certificate used for the flight, and the date of the flight and the date of issuance before X X of XXXX.
- The certificate of diagnosis shall state: “The passenger is cognitively aware of the visual and audible warnings of the breathing aid and may take appropriate action on these warnings without assistance.” “The passenger is required to travel all the time/part time Use breathing aids, “the oxygen concentration required by the passenger, the operating time of the breathing apparatus's own battery and the backup battery”.
- Diagnostic certificate shall be endorsed: it shall be signed by the passenger (or his guardian) or accompanying accompanying person.
- On the copy of the medical diagnosis certificate, the passenger (or his guardian) must state the words “this copy is identical to the original” and be signed by the passenger (or his guardian) or the accompanying escort.
- Passengers carrying oxygen-making equipment must issue medical diagnosis certificates, and other respiratory assistance equipment is not mandatory.
Respiratory aids requirements
- The equipment must comply with the weight and size regulations of Urumqi Airlines hand luggage:
- The weight should not exceed 5 kg and the volume should not exceed 20 x 40 x 55 cm.
- It shall be placed under the passenger's front seat or in an enclosed luggage rack.
- Equipment is not included in the hand baggage allowance.
- According to the American Air Carrier Admission Law - ACAA Section 382, Article 133, oxygen-sucking passengers should bring a sufficient number of spare batteries into the cabin to support the use of the equipment, providing the oxygen equipment with the longest expected flight. Flight time × 150% of electricity. (Note: The operating instructions of the equipment's own battery and backup battery are listed in the instruction manual of the oxygen-making equipment provided by the passenger. The passenger fully charges the battery according to the oxygen demand and carries the required spare battery.)
- The backup batteries (including lithium batteries and other types of batteries) used to maintain the operation of the equipment shall comply with ICAO's regulations on the transportation of lithium batteries:
- Pack and protect each spare battery to prevent short circuit and damage.
- Rechargeable dry battery: Passengers carry dry battery backup batteries according to oxygen demand. These backup batteries need to be separated by non-conductive materials to prevent them from being wetted.
For further information please contact the airline directly.