- Wash your hands before putting on your mask.
- Check that mask does not have any tears or holes; do not use the mask if it is damaged
- Make sure the mask covers your mouth, nose, and chin. Make sure there are no gaps on the sides.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it.
- Change your mask if it gets dirty or wet.
- Wash your hands before taking off the mask.
- To remove the mask, pull off using the ear loops, without touching the front of the mask.
- Wash your hands after removing the mask.
The WHO has a lot of helpful advice about how to wear and remove masks and how to keep them clean: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks