The Healthy Lungs for Life campaign will be launched to the public at a number of events that aim to raise awareness of lung health and the importance of a smoke-free life in Milan at the same time as the ERS International Congress.
Lung function testing event: 8-9 September, 2017
We have launched the Healthy Lungs for Life campaign at a lung function testing event on via Luca Beltrami – Piazza Castello on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 September 2017 between 10:00 am–6:00 pm.
Members of the public can visit our Healthy Lungs for Life stand and:
- Have a free lung function (spirometry) test
- Discuss quitting smoking and the support available
- Learn the correct techniques for using an inhaler
- Get advice on lung health and protecting yourself from air pollution
- Play our interactive Healthy Lungs for Life game
- Speak to representatives from ELF, Federasma e Federallergie, Women Against Lung Cancer in Europe (WALCE), the Italian Association for Pulmonary Rehabilitators (ARIR) and smoking cessation experts from the IRCCS National Cancer Institute in Milan.
Meet the expert evenings for the general public and people with lung conditions
Learn about the importance of breathing clean air
- Monday 11 September, 18:30 – 20:30
- Palazzo Reale, Sala Conferenze, Piazza del Duomo 12, Milano
- con il patrocinio del Comune di Milano
- Free entry
Breathe clean air: Outdoor air pollution
Prof. Francesco Forastiere, Etiological and Occupational Epidemiology Head of Unit, Lazio Regional Health Service
Avv. Anna Gerometta, Founder and President of “Cittadini per l'aria”
Healthy Lungs for Life at work
Prof. Sara de Matteis, Academic Clinical Lecturer and Occupational Physician, Imperial College London
Living smoke-free: smoking and the value of prevention
Prof. Roberto Boffi, Pneumologo Responsabile della S.S.D. Pneumologia dell'Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori di Milano - IRCCS
Prof. Giulia Veronesi, Capo Sezione Chirurgia Toracica Robotica presso Humanitas Research Hospital
Moderator: Margherita Fronte, journalist, Focus
After the talks, light refreshments will be served and you will have the opportunity to network with the experts.