Be aware of the quality of the air you are breathing:
- If you are going outside, check the pollution alert for the day, avoid walking on busy streets, exercise early in the day when pollution levels are lower.
- If you are inside, ensure that your home is well ventilated, if you have an open fire make sure the chimney is clean and well looked after, be careful to ensure adequate ventilation when using chemicals in the house and try not to inhale them.
- Look out for signs of lung problems that only occur when you are in the workplace, such as wheezing and coughing, see your healthcare provider if you have any concerns.
- Stop smoking to ensure that the air around you and others is clean.
Be aware of your lung health:
- If you have any concerns see your healthcare provider and ask for a lung health check (spirometry test).