European Respiratory society
ERS is an international organisation that brings together physicians, healthcare professionals, scientists and other experts working in respiratory medicine. We are one of the leading medical organisations in the respiratory field, with a growing membership representing over 140 countries worldwide. Our mission is to promote lung health in order to alleviate suffering from disease and drive standards for respiratory medicine globally. Science, education and advocacy are at the core of everything we do.
European Lung Foundation
The European Lung Foundation was founded by the European Respiratory Society in 2000. The aim of ELF is to bring together patients and the public with respiratory professionals to positively influence lung health. The ELF website provides a wealth of useful resources to share the latest developments in lung health research from ERS and its members. ELF also works to ensure that people with lung diseases and the general public have the opportunity to influence respiratory research and guidelines at a European level.
ELF’s key role can be seen as being the public voice of the ERS and the public’s voice in the ERS.
Healthy Lungs for Life is being championed and directed by the following ERS and ELF members:
- Jørgen Vestbo – ERS President
- Guy Joos – ERS President-Elect
- Dan Smyth – ELF Chair
- Stephen Holgate – ERS Scientific Chair
- Mark Elliott – ERS Treasurer
- GB Migliori – ERS Secretary General
- Gernot Rohde – ERS Education Council Chair
- Peter Barnes – ERS London Congress Chair
- Maria Belvisi – ERS London Congress Chair
Healthy Lungs for Life advisors
- Jonathan Grigg – Secretary ERS Paediatrics Assembly
- Bert Brunekreef – Chair ERS Environment and Health Committee